Re: Pbuilder loads a lot of texlive fonts

Hello!

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007 18:08:01 +0100, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> lawrence <lawrence@intellasoft.ca> (07/11/2007):
>> I heard apt-get now installs Recommends by default. Never noticed
>> it myself yet, but if it does, I guess pbuilder will start now as
>> well...  any thoughts?
>
> Announced [1]. Delayed, but activated in apt/0.7.7, uploaded
> 2007-10-23.
>
>  1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2007/08/msg00000.html
>
> Hopefully, the upcoming triggers in dpkg will help speed up texlive*
> installation by running mktexlsr and friends only once.

But I think the point still remains: I'm not a TeX expert, but if a
package foo depends on a font provided by texlive-lang-italian, foo
must depends on texlive-lang-italian.  If I forgot this dependency and
then I build the package on a clean pbuilder, the bug won't appear,
because texlive-lang-italian is installed because it's recommended.

So, from my very simple POV, pbuilder shouldn't install Recommends by
default, which seems to be what Junichi will do in the next pbuilder
upgrade [1].

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes: