Re: Mass bugs filing: bogus debian/watch files

Hi,

Don Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, 05 Nov 2007, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>>
>> I find SOAP very complex for some queries which could be easily served in
>> a format like XML-RPC.
>
> Huh?
>
> Unless your favorite language's soap bindings are horrid, SOAP should
> be fairly simple and trivial.[1] None of the examples in
> http://wiki.debian.org/DebbugsSoapInterface are "very complex", which
> covers 3 of the reasonably popular languages.

Ok, I have to admit last time I tried to understand how SOAP worked was
after reading a magazine article.
But I've just checked the examples and read some more pages and noticed it
is even easier to use than XML-RPC :)

I'll rewrite the main script (currently written in PHP, reusing some html
parsing code) in Perl so I might add some BTS checks using SOAP.

So, thanks for the information :)

> I mean, in perl, it's as simple as:
>
> perl -MSOAP::Lite -MData::Dumper \
>      -e 'print Dumper(
>           SOAP::Lite->uri("Debbugs/SOAP")
>           ->proxy("http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/soap.cgi";)
>           ->get_bugs(package=>"debbugs")
>           ->result()
>          )';
>

> Don Armstrong
>
> 1: I mean, the whole point of specifications like SOAP is to make it
> easy to make trivial frameworks to implement neat things in a language
> independent fashion.

Regards,
Raphael