Re: libdb4.* madness in unstable

On Fri, Oct 19, 2007 at 12:44:56PM +0200, Francesco P. Lovergine wrote:
> It appears to me that essentially it is a problem moving from 4.2 to
> 4.6, but I see nothing about the intermediate versions. Having 2
> releases is largely better than having 5 versions around, isn't it?

I was waiting for the 4.2 and 4.3 bugs to be closed before moving on.
Given how long it took for db3, this could be quite a while.

If you're going to file bugs against packages build-depending on
4.4 or 4.5, please set the usertags accordingly.

I recommend a build dependency on libdb-dev (>= 4.6.19-1), though
obviously some people disagree with this.