Re: seeking: Ian Jackson

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 22:42:35 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
[...]
> Internet mail
> addresses (which are passed to /usr/sbin/sendmail, for instance) must be
> canonicalized before they are used in SMTP.  At least that's the theory;
> Exim doesn't do it.

And apparently on purpose:
	Exim deliberately doesn't do this. We had no end of trouble in the days
	before I wrote Exim with other MTAs that made dreadful messes in this
	area, so I stayed well clear.
Although, as usual, it can be forced to if need be.
http://bugs.debian.org/75933

--
Michał Politowski
Talking has been known to lead to communication if practiced carelessly.