Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

John Kelly wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2007 18:35:18 +0200, Pierre Habouzit
> <madcoder@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >there is little point in shipping rfc's that are mirrored everywhere
> >on the interwebs, and rfc's are clearly non-free
>
> Your sentence is self contradictory.  For all practical intents and
> purposes, "mirrored everywhere" equals free.

If you mean free as in no need to pay for it, certainly. Bt Pierre means
Free as in can-do-with-as-desired.

Can Pierre fix a typo?
No.

Can Pierre make a translation?
No.

Can Pierre make a derivative document?
No.

Can Pierre download it from the Internet?
Yes.

RFCs are not seeming too free, are they?

--
John H. Robinson, IV          jaqque@debian.org
                                                                 http  ((((