Re: Debian's Linux kernel continues to regress on freedom

On Wed, Sep 12, 2007 at 02:39:09PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11140 March 1977, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I can take the Debian kernel team seriously any more.
>
> What team? We dont seem to have a team.
>
> > The most recent linux-source-2.6.22 contains the following files:
> [...]
> > In other words, *all* of the above drivers.  It's even worse than that.  Look
> > at the information about drgs:
>
> > Non-free material is being included in main for the benefit of *precisely zero*
> > users.  There's no two ways about this: this is a Social Contract violation.
>
> Oh well, the kernel team just lost its trust, which means new uploads of
> kernel-team packages dont get their old way of fasttracking in NEW, as I
> now need to check all of their uploads for such cases.
>
> Thank you, "kernel-team", for that useless amount of extra work. :(

Well, what do you expect after the way my implication in the non-free GR
last year was duly sabotaged by both Steve Langasek and Manoj ?

The position of the kernel team had always more or less been after the
disaster of that GR, which the RMs said before the result of the vote
they would not respect, to ship the kernel as is upstream, and don't
bother anymore to be implicated in the non-free firmware stuff, since we
got nil support from the rest of debian about it, outright sabotage, and
on top of that, i was blamed for my active participation in that
disaster, having to juggle between people like nerode, and people like
maks who threatened to leave the kernel team and debian if those
firmwares where removed.

So, this comes as no surprise to me, and one more reason why you should
not have expulsed me, but rather should have given me more support in
the work i tried to do for debian. Your lose,

Sadly,

Sven Luther