Re: PHPhear and MySQLoathing in Debian? (was: Request for set up of kudos.debian.org)

also sprach Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> [2007.08.27.0336 +0200]:
> The only thing Debian-specific here is that DSA is better informed
> than most hosting providers about the horrors of PHP and also less
> likely to support it on project machines than a random hosting
> provider would be.

This, and the fact that PostgreSQL is already in use on a few
debian.org machines, were the only reasons why I said that it would
help to avoid PHP/MySQL.

also sprach sean finney <seanius@debian.org> [2007.08.27.0728 +0200]:
> that said there *are* php pages run on debian.org machines, and if
> your'e an experienced php coder then i think it would be
> rediculous to bend over backwards to try and write it in something
> else.

Absolutely.

only by counting could humans demonstrate
their independence of computers.
            -- douglas adams, "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"