PHPhear and MySQLoathing in Debian? (was: Request for set up of kudos.debian.org)

martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> writes:

> [encouragement to set up a new web service for Debian]

> It would help if you avoided PHP/MySQL in the process.

Is there any Debian-specific reason for avoiding PHP and MySQL, such
that "it would help" to avoid them when setting up a Debian web
service?

Note that I'm well aware of arguments against using either of PHP or
MySQL *in general*. I'm wondering why you give this recommendation
that seems to be *specific* to setting up a web service for Debian.

--
 \       "I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me |
  `\                                     as members."  -- Groucho Marx |