test various applications for memory footprint and determined what was
the best in various application catagories and picked the best and
packaged that ONE.

This information would be helpful to Debian and other proejcts for
recommendation for low-end hardware.

2) deli linux, this one has a few hand packaged apps in a slackware-like
format. The main advantage is that it uses ulibc iirc, and is targeted
for low end hardware (I run it on a p75/32mb libretto [0]).

#2 is active, but installation is primitive and dependcy handling is
non-existant (using ldd on binaries).
If someone could add apt-get support for deli-linux, thats cool.

But one of the issues people on debian-user have mentioned on low-memory
(and low cpu) hardware is the long wait for apt-get and friends to run
(if at all).
-Kev
[0] This machine has no floppy support, no network, no cdrom, no usb. I
removed the 2.5 hdd and installed deli with qemu, an hdd iso file and a
usb hdd enclosure for the removed hdd.
|_______  Unless I ask to be CCd, assume I am subscribed _______|