Re: Debian on the Desktop - plans for Lenny?

Am Mittwoch, den 08.08.2007, 13:38 -0400 schrieb Tim Hull:

>         I just reported an ITP Bug for restricted-manager [1]
>
>         [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=436722
>         --
>
> It does need to be modified to work with Debian, though - such that it
> pulls the drivers using m-a instead of using Ubuntu's
> "restricted-modules" package.

We should try to use binary packages provided by linux-modules-* or
other modules packages by default and fallback to m-a.

--
Julian Andres Klode

IRC Nickname:   juliank (Debian/OFTC + Freenode, GimpNet)
Fellow of FSFE: https://www.fsfe.org/en/fellows/jak (No. 1049)
Debian Wiki:    http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode
Ubuntu Wiki:    http://wiki.ubuntu.com/JulianAndresKlode
In Launchpad:   https://launchpad.net/~juliank
My packages:  http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=jak@jak-linux.org
Languages:      German, English, [bit French]