Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

02-08-2007, LoОc Minier:
> On Thu, Aug 02, 2007, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
>>   *WTF* ? I mean why should I have every possible xserver video driver
>
>  You also have all possible kernel drivers built by the kernel image
>  installed; that's quite consistent with "any hardware you plugin will
>  work".  The dep allows to pick one or more drivers if you so wish
>  though.

There was a laptop mentioned, btw: no pci hotplug, infiniband, isdn, scsi
and A lot more.

Problem is solved, if you didn't noticed already.  All that bunch of
modules can be easily removed before installation. My laptop and all
devices i have or suppose to have let me clean up nearly 58M of
linux-image.
____