Re: Installation of Recommends by default on October 1st

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 08:45:44PM +0200, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Neil Williams <codehelp@debian.org> writes:

> > > Why? What is the point?
> >
> > Precisely - just what is the benefit? I really don't think this is a
> > good idea.
>
> TBH, I think this is a very good idea.

  I disagree, but OTOH I'm not a random average user. Users expect every
feature of the software they install to work properly, and don't know
what to install for it to work. I do, and I care about my daily upgrades
to being fast, and for that I need to minimize the number of packages I
install.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit