Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

#include <hallo.h>
* Bernhard R. Link [Sat, Jul 14 2007, 04:26:50PM]:
> * Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> [070714 14:44]:
> > #include <hallo.h>
> > I also suggest moving away from the Debian menu files to .desktop files
> > because of more flexible format. Therefore, if the menu using packages
> > support the new style, they would read the menu data from those .desktop
> > files.
>
> What do you mean with "format" and what with "more flexible"?

file:///usr/share/doc/menu/html/ch3.html
http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/desktop-entry-spec-1.0.html

> There can hardly be anything more flexible than free-style key-string

Oh yeah, any more extremes? I talk about better roads with more optimal
ways and you say there is no difference since it's as good as driving
through forests and deserts which also takes you to the destination
(figurative speaking).

Eduard.

--
<LGS> Halloechen, ihr Spinner, so frueh auf?
<nusse> nein, wir schlafen alle im kollektiv