Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Hi,

On Saturday 14 July 2007 13:10, Bernhard R. Link wrote:
> Because our priority are our users, and not only those users that some
> people think are the important ones?
>
> And how is it bothering other people if there are options? Should we
> remove all features just because you and some majority you claim to have
> does not use them?
[...]
> Sorry, I do not understand you. All definitions of clutter I could find
> include "confusion" or "disorder". Having everything available that is
> installed and useable in hierachy is a clear and easy to understand
> concept.

(In general: too much) choice is bad. Please read

Exceptions confirm this rule ;-)

I have also been (more) confused by the debian menu than it helped me and I
know of several others who experienced the same. Maybe renaming "Debian"
to "all applications" would be helpful enough, that way users could start all
applications they have installed easily and also copy the launchers to the
panels, which is what I use(d) the debian menu most often for

I also think a policy and/or release goal is a appropriate way of solving this
for all packages.

regards,
	Holger