Re: adding desktop files to misc packages

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:
> On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, Josselin Mouette wrote:

>> As a consequence, this will duplicate the work, but I think we should
>> add .desktop entries to packages, especially games, that don't have one
>> and deserve it.

> What do you mean with "deserve it"?  Could you please give some criteria
> to deside which packages deserve a menu entry?  For which group of users
> makes a menu entry sense and for which not?

Yes, please.  This seems to be one of the fundamental objections to the
current menu system, and we *have* a Menu Policy already where this sort
of thing could be addressed.  And if we're going to replace menu with
.desktop files, we're *still* going to need a policy that addresses this.

It's all very fine and good to say that there's stuff with menu entries
that shouldn't have them, but nothing will change until someone writes a
clear policy on what should be included and what shouldn't that we can all
agree to.