Re: uninstallable despite satisfying dependencies

Hi Steve,

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 10:03:16PM -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> How do I debug this situation: ipe won't install, yet I have the
> dependencies that "apt-get install" complains about.

> Below, you will see that my attempt to install libipe1c2a claims to
> have three unmet dependencies.  However, as you see by "dpkg --list",
> I *do* have these three packages at a version that seemingly satisfies
> the dependencies.

> What gives?

Hmm, I was all ready to file an RC bug about this, only to find that you're
the maintainer... :)

Can you explain why libipe1c2a gives the behavior described in bug #369244?
This looks like ipe is misusing freetype, if it refuses to work with newer
versions when these versions are ABI-compatible.

Thanks,