Re: Suggestion: Set up web pages with as much info about Debian machines as possible

e2xbegqsdyt21hfc wrote:
>   I believe that the Debian project can further help
> its users by setting web pages with as much details on
> its servers as possible.

Uh?

>   In particular, I refer to the contents of the
> configuration files of the software used by its
> servers, and their version. This can further help
> users to have working examples for DNS, MTA, sshd,
> syslogd, kernel, hardware specs (perhaps taken from
> /proc and/or boot.log files) and so on. Obviously the
> network topology can help to clarify the big picture.

When you install Debian packages, you already have working examples
for DNS, MTA, sshd, syslogd, kernel etc.  If you want or have to
fine-tune the setup, there are many howtos and online documentation
you should read instead of blindly copying something a Debian admin
may have written.  You should always understand your configuration
if you leave the default settings after all.

Regards,

	Joey

--
The MS-DOS filesystem is nice for removable media.  -- H. Peter Anvin