Re: Suggestion: Set up web pages with as much info about Debian machines as possible

Hi,
* e2xbegqsdyt21hfc <e2xbegqsdyt21hfc@yahoo.com> [2007-07-01 16:27]:
> I believe that the Debian project can further help
> its users by setting web pages with as much details on
> its servers as possible.
> In particular, I refer to the contents of the
> configuration files of the software used by its
> servers, and their version. This can further help
> users to have working examples for DNS, MTA, sshd,
> syslogd, kernel, hardware specs (perhaps taken from
> /proc and/or boot.log files) and so on. Obviously the
> network topology can help to clarify the big picture.

From the security perspective I guess this absolutly not
possible, for the user perspective there are enough examples
and documentation flying around in the net for various services.
Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://ngolde.de - nion@jabber.ccc.de - GPG: 0x73647CFF