Re: Two proposals for a better Lenny (testing related).

Qui, 2007-06-14 às 20:10 +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout escreveu:
> I explicitly check to see if there's a kernel upgrade and abort if
> that's the case, as I do not have the time to sort out the mess before
> the next reboot. Ideally, it could just install, without having it
> automatically used next time. Then, when I have time and everything is
> right, then the bootloader uses the new kernel.

i don't think this is a reliable situation.
At first look, a new package version is better than it's last.
If the kernel breaks at boot, the bootloader allows you to boot with the
old kernel as _special_ option.

--
Luis Matos <gass@otiliamatos.ath.cx>