Re: Why not move Apt to a relational database

Hallo,

On 6/3/07, Eduard Bloch <edi@gmx.de> wrote:

>  - in case of an upgrade RDBMSs often dump there databases and import
>    them.  What will happen when the upgrade fails during this?  No
>    package database would be really bad

What is the problem with having an internal embedded version of sqlite
and only upgrade when needed and make the upgrade path more safe than
with regular packages?

    It is even possible to download SQLite as a single C source file
for easy embedding. I mean, SQLite was born for this kind of thing.

--
-alex
http://www.ventonegro.org/