Re: Are popcon stats per package and arch possible?

> On Sat, May 05, 2007 at 06:23:36PM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
>
>> [Michael Hanke]
>> > To me it looks like stats for the major architectures up to (and
>> > including) powerpc are ok wrt privacy concerns. Do you agree?
>
>> I'm not sure if that would be the correct cutoff point, or if only
>> amd64 and i386 have enough submissions to ignore the privacy issue.
>
> Well, at that point what use is a per-arch stat anyway?

So porters can see what package are most usefull for that
architecture. The sorting of binary packages onto CDs or DVDs could be
arch specific. For example on m68k that would probably remove
kde/gnome from cd/dvd1 and put other stuff there that is more usefull.

It could also help the struggeling ports deciding to drop some
package. For example axiom is totaly useless on m68k and I bet never
had a single user.

As for the privacy concerns. So what if you know that 95% of all arm
users run foobar. That still does not tell you who they are. There is
no connection between the actual person and the data.

MfG
        Goswin