Re: Are popcon stats per package and arch possible?

[Michael Hanke]
> I wonder whether it is possible to get information about which
> package is installed/used on a particular architecture.

It is possible, but it isn't done at the moment.  We do not store the
data needed to generate such reports, but it could be done with the
data set we have at every given point in time.

But I would be reluctant to do it for the less used architectures, for
privacy reasons.  The information we get from such analysis would be
too easy to associate with individual users (like the kfreebsd-amd64
porters for that arch. :).

And for those interested, here are the latest numbers:

    2   0.00% i486
    2   0.00% kfreebsd-amd64
    3   0.01% hurd-i386
    3   0.01% ppc64
    8   0.02% armel
    9   0.02% armeb
    9   0.02% s390
   11   0.02% m68k
   11   0.02% kfreebsd-i386
   20   0.04% mips
   42   0.09% ia64
   57   0.12% hppa
   65   0.14% mipsel
   68   0.14% alpha
  223   0.47% sparc
  598   1.25% powerpc
  676   1.42% arm
 5625  11.79% amd64
40283  84.42% i386
47715 100.00% total (ignored 229 without arch info)

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen