Re: Are popcon stats per package and arch possible?

On Sunday 06 May 2007 05:07:48 Michael Hanke wrote:
> But sometimes upstream does not agree.
>
> Nevertheless, when they say, 'we provide binaries for Linux', they always
> mean i386 Linux with everything linked statically to a huge binary blob.
>
> I'd really like to be able to provide some hard numbers about users of
> similar packages (same field or a direct competitor) running it on
> arches different from i386.

Worse, it's usually *called* a "static" binary in their download list, but
running ldd on it shows it actually depends on specific versions of twelve
different libraries only found in an old development build of Fedora. ;)

--
Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> <xmpp:wjl@icecavern.net>