Re: Mandatory -dbg packages for libraries? (and API docs too)

On Sun, Apr 29, 2007 at 09:23:03AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> docs", but I'm convinced it will be quantitatively small). My approach
> to this is first to decide whether API docs in the policy is something
> we want in debian or not. Then, if it is the case, to state it in the
> policy. Then see how this will be received by DDs and maybe start filing
> bug with patches for fixing the issues.  I don't like thinking "naaaah,
> it won't work, so please don't try to enforce it".

Why do you feel that putting this into policy is a useful first step?
To me the approach that you're suggesting seems to be the wrong way
round - it really shouldn't require a policy amendment to ask for the
inclusion of documentation.  It's not something that requires a great
deal of coordination between packages.