Re: Ethernet interface numbering in etch

I demand that Luigi Gangitano may or may not have written...

[snip]
> 1. Some ethernet cards like Sun QuadFE share the same MAC address (even if
> global OpenFirmware option is set to different MAC-address) and PCI id and
> udev blocks while renaming them, leaving with an unusable systema each time
> the system boots.

If the function number part of the PCI address is different for each of the
card's interfaces and is consistent across reboots, you can use that.

[snip]
| + Output less CO2 => avoid massive flooding.    TIME IS RUNNING OUT *FAST*.

I appreciate your not smoking while I breathe.