Re: Results for General Resolution: Altering package upload rules

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 10:28:04AM +0000, Lars Wirzenius wrote:

> > > As far as I know: multiple votes from the same voter are allowed,
> > > the latest one received is counted.

> > That's just it: if what you say is the explanation, then *more than*
> > "the latest one received" is counted.

> > If it's not counted, why is it counted (i.e. appearing in the count of
> > votes)?

> Hmm. I've always assumed that the 260 votes meant that of the 313
> ballots, 260 were valid ballots (no problems with gpg signature
> checking, or whatever). I think we need Manoj to say the final word
> here.

http://www.debian.org/vote/2007/suppl_002_stats:

Ballots Received  MIME Decoded  Passed Sig Check  Passed LDAP Check  Votes Tallied  Rejects Sent
      313              313	       270               270               260 	         53

Acks Created  Acks Sent  Acks Unsent  Bad Ballot  Unique Voters
     260         258          2           10            257

The difference between "ballots received" and "Passed LDAP check" is
"Rejects sent"; the difference between "Passed LDAP Check" and "Votes
Tallied" is "Bad Ballot".