Re: Problems packaging a kernel using cdbs

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 11:26:36 -0400, Luis R Rodriguez <mcgrof@gmail.com> said:

> On 3/19/07, Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> wrote:
>> "Luis R. Rodriguez" <mcgrof@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> > Anyway -- I just tried to use "make-kpkg build" as the build
>> > commands for my "kernel" target and still run into the same
>> > problem. Running "make-kpkg build" manually works though. So
>> > there is something about using cdbs that is not letting me build
>> > the kernel right. The include path gets (./include) is getting
>> > ignored completely for some reason.
>> >
>> >  Luis
>>
>> Please do use make-kpkg. If you need something in kernel-package to
>> change for your use case (like building the initrd during compile)
>> then please talk to the maintainer to support this. It is a bad
>> Idea to duplicate the kernel building and packaging. It is bad
>> enough linux-2.6 source has started to do that.

> It does not do what I want it to right now and I need to move on
> quick. I've adopted my own debian/rules instead of cdbs as well.
> Perhaps if I have time I'll hack on make-kpkg.

        Hmm? What exactly is make-kpkg failing to do?  If make-kpkg
 build works from the command line, but not from pdebuild, the problem
 does not appear to lie in make-kpkg, but in the build environment,
 does it not?

        manoj
--
"I think Michael is like litmus paper - he's always trying to learn."
Elizabeth Taylor, absurd non-sequitir about Michael Jackson