Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On 2007-02-26, Bernhard R. Link <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
> xorg just sees activitiy to look at bugs (and it was really overdue),
> libc is a beast of itself. For the others I have no strong preference,

the x-maintainers have been lucky by having a Brice Gogling suddenly
dropping in and pinging all the bugs if they still apply. All the other
mentioned teams could use a clone of him.

> Hey, I was speaking about not releasing such packages at all (perhaps
> except libc and the kernel (at least until hurd is ready ;->)). So

Eh? you say that they should not migrate to testing ?

> no problem at that front. After all, if noone reads the bug reports
> anway, how should one find security relevant ones?

The bug reports might be read, but not answered.  There is no reason to
send a content-less pong to a bug report.

And often security issues are reported at RC severity, so no problems.

> than to punish. (What about forcing NMs to take a look at a dozen
> bugs in high-profile packages not yet answered, trying to verify them
> and collect some data on them?)

I think 'forcing' is bad, but it could be a starting-platform for those
on hold in am-wait.

And you are still welcome to help.

/Sune