Re: /foo has been mounted xx times... check forced

On Wed, Feb 21, 2007 at 11:47:07AM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Josselin Mouette <joss@debian.org> writes:
> >>
> >> ReiserFS requires as much fsck as ext3.
> >
> > But it is much faster.
>
> It is called rebuild-tree and takes much much longer.

And a lot, lot less likely to succeed.  Be prepared to have every single
file over 4K on the whole filesystem lost if there's a single inconsistency
somewhere.
ext3, on the other hand, is pretty damn resilient, keeping any damage quite
localised.  From limited anectodal evidence, I would place JFS and XFS
somewhere in the middle.

--
1KB		// Microsoft corollary to Hanlon's razor:
		//	Never attribute to stupidity what can be