Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

On dim, 2007-02-11 at 22:59 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > More than difficulty, I think *time* is the problem.
>
> Agreed, but anyone who cannot take the time to vote once an year
> really
> should be asking for his account to be locked for a while (i.e. a
> vacation)
> until he has more time to dedicate to Debian, don't you think?

I was speaking about NM process time, not the (short) time to vote.

On dim, 2007-02-11 at 18:50 -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> In that case, these DD's had better not miss voting the in the
> DPL election, now, should they? Evil Grin:/>

Yeah, you're perfectly right. That's the best advice one could give to
not so active DD who doesn't want to lose much time («"lose" the time to
vote so you don't "lose" the time in NM»). But as someone said, some DD
may not be interested in Debian politics (and especially since
recently), and Debian is first about about tech, so they may have lost
all interest in politics (to the point of forgetting that "Voting" is
present in the DD Duties, in dev-ref).

On my own, I think it's important to vote (especially since I can't do
it, I guess), but I understand that people can fear the all process.
--
Yves-Alexis