Re: Handling of (inactive) Debian Accounts

Hi mates

>         This is the part I'm unsure about. I think, as che recently
>  mentioned, he has been missing for years. His packages were
>  properly orphaned, but the account cleanup never happened.
>
>         I am given the impression that the primary focus of the MIA
>  process is taking care of packages, not account cleanup.
>
>         I applaud the effort by the DAM's to gather the required
>  information on their own, taking the burden of writing whatever code
>  that needs be written, as opposed to asking the MIA folks to add
>  code/process over and beyond what they already do.
Why not just logging in to merkel and using "mia-todo needs-wat" ?
As far as I can see right now there are plenty of people listed there with no
packages and they can be the targets for the first run.
This way the people get pinged by the MIA team and if they are marked as "WAT"
they can be given over to the DAM (where the DAM just needs to see the status
on merkel). And if the DAM wants to he can just mark them as "WAT sent" or
some other magic and all of this can perfectly be done in the MIA db and I
still fail to see a problem with that.

Cheers
Steffen