Re: Problem with debsums and linux-modules-* packages

hi jacques,

i'm surprised no one else has replied to this yet, so i'll throw in
my $0.02 here.

On Thu, 2007-01-04 at 18:12 -0600, Jacques Normand wrote:
> I am not sure what to do about that. The module packages carry a md5sum
> for the map and dep files which are updated by depmod so when you run
> debsums you get a serie of mismatch. This is a problem with tools like

> Now, the question is whether it should be a bug against debsums, the
> linux-modules-* or more probably kernel-package.

i'd say it's a bug that should be reported against kernel-package, and
maybe cloned to the relevant linux-modules packages for the sake of
documenting it.  really i don't see any reason why the packages in
question should ship the files at all, if they're going to be updated
as part of the package installation/configuration.

	sean