Re: db.debian.org (and related infrastructure) updates

Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es> writes:

> Moreover, if you send a message using a real smtp server, and its IP
> is listed in a DNSBL I use, you will receive a message from
> mailer-daemon saying so. This may and will surely happen, hopefully
> not often, but IMHO it's better than the message arriving to a spam
> folder which is so big that it will never be read.

Are you saying, that your server is sending a notification mail to the
>From address of mails that have been classified as spam?

I think people whose email addresses have been abused by spammers
really appreciate those messages.

Nowadays a large percentage of SMTP traffic on the internet is spam.
I wonder how much of the rest are those notification mails, bounces
and so on caused by spam.

Matthias