Re: the BTS gains a remote bug tracking feature for free !

* Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> [2006-05-03 14:28]:
> Automatically setting the 'fixed-upstream' tag is certainly a very
> nice idea that no one will object to.

Unfortunately, there are always corner cases.  What if upstream marks
something as fixed, you get a Debian bug report that the bug is still
there and you mark it as forwarded to the original bug report, waiting
for it to be reopened.  In the meantime, the tool will tag the bug as
"fixed-upstream" which is obviously wrong.

I just removed a fixed-upstream tag from a bug but I fear the tool
will set it again. (But yeah, I know I should get upstream to reopen
it or file a new one or something.  Unfortunately it's one of these
bugs where people disagree whether it's a bug or where the bug is.)
--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/