Re: the BTS gains a remote bug tracking feature for free !

Hi,

Re: Pierre Habouzit 2006-05-03 <[🔎] 200605031321.42213.pierre.habouzit@m4x.org>
>  * as of tags, it only touches (like I explained) :
>    - upstream: ensure it's always set
>    - wontfix:  try to guess if upstream tagged that bug wontfix, and
>                set/unset it accordingly
>    - fixed-upstream:
>                if the upstream status is a closing status (and that's
>                neither a 'Dupe' nor a WONTFIX -- since in debian
>                wontfix is not closing), it sets the tag, else closes it.

Automatically setting the 'fixed-upstream' tag is certainly a very nice
idea that no one will object to.

For 'upstream', I don't really see a benefit of setting it since the
bug is already marked as forwarded. I would just leave it alone not to
interfere with anything the maintainer would want to do with the tag.
(Not that I could think of anything reasonable at the moment, but
still.)

For 'wontfix', I would make sure bts-link doesn't play set-unset
games, so it only sets/unsets the tag when the upstream state is
actually changed.

My 2¢ on this... Oh, and thanks for implementing this service :)

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/