Re: debian-private and Gmail

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> I don't think singling out Gmail makes a great deal of sense.  Any mail
> server with which one does not have a contractual privacy agreement would
> be in the same boat.

For example, Stanford's webmail system, which on every login
forces each user to click through an agreement that states the
following:

    Users have no expectation of privacy while using this system
    and uses, data, and transmissions on this system may be
    intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected,
    and disclosed at the discretion of Stanford University and
    subject to applicable laws.

If we're going to disallow getting developers' debian-private
mail delivered to gmail, then we're going to have to disallow it
getting delivered to Stanford, too, at least if the developer
ever uses the webmail system.
--
Ben Pfaff
email: blp@cs.stanford.edu