Re: Bonsai: Candidate for removal from the archive?

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@gwolf.org> writes:
> Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt dijo [Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 11:47:45AM +0100]:
>>> Provided by perl-modules, which is build-essential. However, this
>>> module is used at installation time (in postinst), so yes, this should
>>> be listed as a pre-depends (as it's not a required/essential package)
>> Why exactly do you need a pre-depends to use a perl module in postinst?
> Because:
>
> gwolf@lactop:/tmp/bonsai-1.3+cvs20060111/debian$ grep use.*File bonsai.postinst
> use File::Find;
>
> The postinst is a Perl file.

So what? When the postinst is run, dependencies are unpacked and
installed, though they may not be configured. File::Find can be used
without configuring the perl-modules package, so a dependency is enough
to use it.

Marc
--
BOFH #204:
Just pick up the phone and give modem connect sounds. "Well you said