Re: BTS: Why no "invalid" or "notabug" tag?

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 08:51:51AM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 18:05:21 +0100, md@Linux.IT (Marco d'Itri) wrote:
> >On Nov 30, Magnus Holmgren <holmgren@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> >
> >> But what about the middle case, i.e. "the behaviour described could be
> >> reproduced, but it's not a bug, or at least not our fault"? (Bugzilla calls
> >> this "INVALID").
> >I agree that it could be useful, since I get a lot of these cases...
>
> Why does that matter? You close everything that is not clearly a bug
> anyway, immediately.

You mean so that different  people can file the same bug over and over
again?  Personally, I'd like to see a notabug tag so that you can have a
bug still appear on the BTS page but not count (maybe even put the
notabug bugs at the top or after the RC bugs).  Then people will see
them and you can have some sort of explanation attached so that people
can see why the maintainer does not consider it a bug.

Regards,

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez