Etch, apache-perl and php5 needs manual config

Hello.

after a base install of Debian Etch, I selected all necessary packages
for a LAMP System - Linux Apache MySQL PHP.

Specifically:

apache-perl  1.3.34-4
php5  5.1.6-5
libapache-mod-php5  5.1.6-5
[and related packages]

But I have to manually edit /etc/apache-perl/httpd.conf and enable
"AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" aswell as /etc/apache-perl/modules.conf
to add "LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp5.so".

Why do the installer scripts not handle that automatically?

That could avoid a lot of noise on support forums of all kind ...

--

greetings,
Patrick Frank