Re: BTS: Why no "invalid" or "notabug" tag?

On Thu, 30 Nov 2006, Magnus Holmgren wrote:
> what about the middle case, i.e. "the behaviour described could be
> reproduced, but it's not a bug, or at least not our fault"?
> (Bugzilla calls this "INVALID").
>
> Often, but not always, the bug can or should be reassigned to another package,
> but then a second user might come around and submit the same bug report.

At least one of the bugs should be reassigned; you can of course clone
a bug, reassign it, make the original blocking on the reassigned bug,
and retitle the original to indicate what is the problem. [There is a
wishlist bug about adding some sort of trail that indicates that a bug
has been reassigned, but don't hold your breath for that to happen any
time soon.]

As far as what has to happen before a notabug or notbug or invalid or
yourfavoriteunsupported tag is considered (by me, anyway), see #376594
and my responses.

As a final note, using usertags to handle this sort of situtation is
quite easy:

user libmail-dkim-perl@packages.debian.org
usertag 400693 notabug
thanks

Don Armstrong

--
"I'm a rational being--of a sort--rational enough, at least, to see the
symptoms of insanity around me. And I'm human, the same as the poeple