Re: Etch, apache-perl and php5 needs manual config

Patrick Frank <paddy.frank@gmail.com> writes:

> after a base install of Debian Etch, I selected all necessary packages
> for a LAMP System - Linux Apache MySQL PHP.

> Specifically:

> apache-perl  1.3.34-4

If at all possible, I strongly encourage you to use Apache 2.2 instesad of
Apache 1.x.  Apache 1.x is nearly unsupported and is certainly not
undergoing any further development, and module and site configuration in
Apache 2.2 is much cleaner.

Already some third-party modules do not support Apache versions prior to
2.0 at all.