Re: Etch, apache-perl and php5 needs manual config

On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 07:48:40PM +0100, Patrick Frank wrote:

>    But I have to manually edit /etc/apache-perl/httpd.conf and enable
>    "AddType application/x-httpd-php .php" aswell as
>    /etc/apache-perl/modules.conf
>    to add "LoadModule php5_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp5.so".
>
>    Why do the installer scripts not handle that automatically?

  They would if you used the more recent Apache 2.x or 2.2.x packages.

  (In that case you'd use the utility helper script "a2enmod" and
 "a2dismod" to enable/disable a module, and that would happen
 automatically for the majority of modules.  Certainly for
 PHP.)

Steve