Re: Naming a 32-bit/64-bit specific Java package

On 11/28/06, Shaun Jackman <sjackman@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm personally leaning towards to two arch: all packages (one 32-bit,
one 64-bit) and a meta-package which depends on the right one. I am
considering and open to the one arch: any package though. If it
affects the decision, the binary package is roughly 1.2 MB.

I take it back. I implemented the arch: all method, and it wasn't that
tricky, but the arch: any method is definitely technically simpler.
Without a good reason, I can't see why I shouldn't use the simpler
method. The argument for the arch: any case is obvious -- it's simpler
-- what's the best argument for the arch: all case?

Cheers,
Shaun