Re: Question about "Depends: bash"

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:

> Am 2006-11-25 00:02:34, schrieb Jari Aalto:
> > PII with 62-128M, fairly common.
>
> ACK
>
> > > For example my IBM TP570 (PII/366MHz/192MB)
> > > is happy with /bin/bash and fast enough.
> >
> > "fast enought" is in the eye of a beholder. Try with PII/64M with
> > X deskop with 20 sessions of bash open. And opening firefox and xchat.
>
> I do not know a singel person which open 20 xterms with bash at the
> same time.  On my IBM i have normaly 4-6 XTerms open, mozilla and gaim.

Try developing 10 software packages simultaneously (you leave the
session open and come back next day) possibly in different sites
(compiling ,aking manual, html pages, writng docs). Include piece of
version control tools and editors and you find you need *lots* of
rooms to play in.

And that is only a start.

Jari