Re: ca-certificates symlinks out of /etc

* martin f krafft (madduck@debian.org) wrote:
> also sprach Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> [2006.10.31.2016 +0100]:
> > In all of these cases the files pointed to are not intended to be
> > modified but what file is used can be configured.
>
> How are certificate files not intended to be modified? If they
> expire? If they are incomplete?

If they expire then they should be updated by the package.  One does not
generally modify issued certificates.  If the package isn't handling
certificate expiration then the point of having them packaged at all
pretty much goes away.  Incomplete certificates would be a bug in the
package (by incomplete I expect you mean that somehow it's a partial
file, if you mean that some certificates are missing, then you're
certainly free to add those into that directory as regular files, or to
ask for inclusion of them in the package).

	Thanks,

		Stephen