Re: On including 64-bit libs in 32-bit packages (see #344104)

Bill Allombert <ballombe@master.debian.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 23, 2006 at 07:30:47PM +0100, Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> Bear in mind that the 64-bit kernel doesn't offer all the functionality
>> that the 32-bit one does. vm86 is the most obvious thing missing.
>
> and it seems a 64-bit kernel needs a 64-bit iptables.

Yes, applications with close ties to the kernel are likely to be a
problem. Last time I checked USB printers didn't work either. It's
possible that it'll be a supportable configuration in the future, but we
may well have flying cars by then.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.devel@srcf.ucam.org