Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 6

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 02:18:44AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> > I appreciate the work done by Bill on that issue and I currently do
> > not have the feeling that it is run with the intents you seem to put
> > in the word "jihad".

>         One can appreciate work done to reduce un-needed circular
>  dependencies without bying the cool aid that all circular
>  dependencies are bad and must be eliminated at all costs.

>         I appreciate the former, I think the latter is a bad idea.

FWIW, I think this is very much like turning on -Wall -Werror when
compiling.  It will complain about things which aren't errors, but,
*because they are not mechanically distinguishable from things that are
errors*, they should be reported anyway.

Removing a non-buggy circular dependency may be worthwhile for the same
reason fixing non-bug compiler warnings may be worthwhile -- so that the
real bugs aren't drowned out by the noise.