Re: Getting rid of circular dependencies, stage 6

[Ian Jackson]
> The only argument I've heard against circular dependencies as a
> general rule is that they can trigger a particularly stupid (and
> probably not very hard to fix) bug in apt,

You seem to have missed the argument that packages with circular
dependencies are impossible to install and configure in the correct
(dependency) order, and thus will end up being installed and
configured in a nondeterministic order instead.  It is documented that
dpkg try its best to find a sensible order for the packages, but it is
bound to fail one way or another if two packages really do need each
other to be configured before they are configured.

I'm not sure if missed this argument, choose to ignore it, or do not
consider it an argument, so I thought it best to repeat it in case you
missed it.

Friendly,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen