Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:39:14 +0200, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> said:

> * Roland Mas (lolando@debian.org) [061025 22:38]:
>> Luk Claes, 2006-10-25 18:51:26 +0200 :
>>
>> > It was not meant that way at all. I just don't like that people
>> > start to discuss topics that are long overdue near release
>> > time...
>>
>> Topics that are long overdue should, by definition, be discussed
>> and worked on *now*, regardless of whether "now" happens to be
>> (presented as) close to release time.

> Changing the release policy is obviously a non-possibility now.

        Quite so.  But getting a handle on policy flaws and creating a
 list of issues that need clarification can start now -- assuming, of
 course, that the people working on this do not let it hamper their
 efforts directed at improving release quality.

        manoj
--
No question is so difficult as one to which the answer is obvious.