Re: First draft of review of policy must usage

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 22:39:14 +0200, Andreas Barth <aba@not.so.argh.org> said:

> * Roland Mas (lolando@debian.org) [061025 22:38]:
>> Luk Claes, 2006-10-25 18:51:26 +0200 :
>> > It was not meant that way at all. I just don't like that people
>> > start to discuss topics that are long overdue near release
>> > time...
>> Topics that are long overdue should, by definition, be discussed
>> and worked on *now*, regardless of whether "now" happens to be
>> (presented as) close to release time.

> Changing the release policy is obviously a non-possibility now.

        Quite so.  But getting a handle on policy flaws and creating a
 list of issues that need clarification can start now -- assuming, of
 course, that the people working on this do not let it hamper their
 efforts directed at improving release quality.

No question is so difficult as one to which the answer is obvious.