Re: Fwd: How can the OS autodetect that a user is a newbie and offer help?

Em Wed, 18 Oct 2006 10:26:26 -0200
"Yves Junqueira" <yves@cetico.org> escreveu:

> It may be much cleaner to include help links /etc/motd, adivising the
> user to read a hipothetical
> "/usr/share/doc/linux-beginners/new-users", or enter a help-mode by
> typing a certain command.

Much cleaner, but I think newbie users do not really care about command
line. Those who care to learn will find one of the tutorials Jason
mentioned.

Either way, I think it would be a nice thing having motd point to some
'starter guide' tutorial. Here's a nice Progeny contribution that Osamu
'utnubued':

  http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/users-guide/users-guide.en.html

It's not very translated, granted, but it could become =D

See you,

--
  Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>
http://www.debian.org/ | http://kov.eti.br/